Told by a Chipotle employee
Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions are my own. This is NOT sponsored by Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- Yes, we know you know guac is extra.
You’ve been told guacamole is extra more times than you can remember, and I apologize because I know how tiresome it can be. Trust me, I don’t like repeating it either. They’ve even made T-shirts about it. Some people just don’t know, and we don’t want to catch people off guard. We also really want to make sure that customers are satisfied with their purchase.
- You get more food if you order a bowl with a tortilla on the side
You got that right! They even did a study proving this. Also, when you get to your seat you can open up the foil and tortilla, pour the bowl’s contents onto the tortilla and roll your own burrito! Do this multiple times and you’ll be a burrito-rolling expert in no time!
- Chipotle has all GMO-free food and everything is gluten-free (except for the tortillas)
You can view the ingredients used in the food, the nutritional values, and allergen information at chipotle.com.
- You can order online, too!
Let’s say your co-workers decide they want Chipotle for lunch but are too busy to drive over and eat, and you end up the (un)lucky one who has to pick it up. They text you their order/write it on a sticky note and send you to pick up food for the whole office. You get to Chipotle, wait in line and start reading out an order for 3 burrito bowls and 3 burritos. A line builds behind you and you feel pressured to move faster. You quicken your pace and heave a sigh of relief as you hand the cashier your card. You think to yourself, “I wish there was an easier way to do this”. Well, there is! Go to order.chipotle.com, punch in your zip code and order away! This will save time because you don’t have to wait in line and it makes it easier for us, too!
In the back, we have what is called a Take-Out Specialist who fulfills all the Online Orders, Catering Orders, and Burrito By the Boxes during the weekdays. Sometimes it gets really busy and the orders pile up (Catering for 200 people, anyone??). It’s a lot of work for one person, so please be patient and understand that the order may not be ready by the time you walk through the doors. We work really hard to make sure you don’t have to wait too long and have a great experience at Chipotle.
- Our (Not-so-secret) Secret (Unofficial) Menu!!!
- Chicken Quesadilla/Burrito (A Quesarrito-but better!)
- Technically, it’s a chicken quesadilla with a bunch of stuff inside. I personally like putting fajitas, pico, corn salsa, and a little bit of lettuce inside and voila! Delicious meal!
- This one’s for all you cheese lovers out there. It’s a burrito inside of a cheese quesadilla. YUM.
- Please do not take all the napkins, forks, and tobasco sauce with you.
Make sure that the customers after you have enough utensils to take home as well! And please, do not be like this guy. And yes, I do know him. And yes, he is my friend.
- Our food is made fresh every morning and afternoon.
We make sure that all our ingredients are fresh every day. We cut all the cilantro, oregano, onions, jalapenos, lemons, and limes that morning and use those in our chips and guac and salsas. The tomatoes are freshly diced and the guac made ~1/2 an hour before you walk through those doors. The chips are hot off the fryer, too.
- We donate the leftover meat that we have.
Just in case you were wondering what we do with all that chicken.
- Part-time employees get the same benefits as full-time ones
I couldn’t have imagined a better place as my first job.
- You become part of a family
I can easily say that my crew is my second family. They are always there to support and encourage me and we have fun playing pranks on each other (all sanitary, of course). They truly care about everyone’s well-being and even when I was the youngest there I never felt left out or intimidated because everyone is so loving and open.
All in all, I would say that it is an amazing first job experience. You can read more about my experience having a job in high school.
Some articles regarding Chipotle that I found interesting and fun!